Wednesday 23 February 2011

not much posted recently.. oops!

I have been looking at paper sculptures and developing them further. Here are some different outcomes I have created and i think the progression shows improvement with the material.

^Focusing on creating maximum effect by looking at shadowed areas^ 
^ More organic form, still playing with highlights and shadows^
^Using paper to convey ideas drawn on paper, less random^



We were then told to develop our work to create a prototype which would match the brief, I enjoyed the cutting aspect of the first session to create lots of negative space, therefore combined this with the lighting and bending aspect I had learnt today and this was my outcome. It is my favourite piece I have created from this medium :)






 ^


((Playing around with it and shooting from different angles and distances))


Today was a useful and successful session on my paper project, I have refined my skills using this material. I am enjoying using paper more as I have more control, my next intention is to find a theme..

No comments:

Post a Comment