Tuesday 1 March 2011

more paper nature experiments

Waterlillys are beautiful plants which grow together and show obvious repetition. I deicided to look closer at a lillypad and the veins of the leaf are very structured and have repetitive shapes. I can see a resemblence to the honeycomb by looking in depth at the leaf and I feel like my paper honeycomb experiment went well so now I will try with Lilly pads.  I can just imagine how awesome loads of these shapes, each differing in size, hanging in motion on a mobile would look.









Here are some outcomes from my water lilly paper session. I found the task very time consuming and would further develop this by scanning my drawing and exporting it into a c.a.d. software where I could duplicate designs and cut out using the laser machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment